BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Wild Wild West





I’ve been listening to Sade before I could even speak. As my mother's favorite artist I was fortunate enough to be surrounded by her music. Her first album coincidentally dropped the same year as I was born. Growing up I was constantly singing her lyrics. Of course I didn't know what I was singing at the time, being told by my mother and southern aunties, "Girl what you know about that." Sade’s music has had a major influence on my life and maturity. When my mother died I was given one of her albums from my aunties with an inscription that went something along the lines of, “she was your mothers favorite and I’m sure she’ll be yours.” So I'm ecstatic to say that her long-awaited sixth studio album, Soldier of Lovewill be released worldwide on February 8th, 2010 and February 9th, 2010 in the US. This is her first official studio album since the multi-platinum release of Lovers Rock in 2000. 





Directed by Sophie Muller

0 comments: